This was us first ‘siting’ our lovely bees at the Scottish Parliament. This is a critical part of what we do to ensure the bees wellbeing;
– Always facing south, so they stay in the arc of the sun as it moves from East to West during the day.
– Sheltered from the prevailing West wind.
– Never closer than a metre from each other -early social distancing!
– Dotted around, rather than in rows, so it’s easier for them to find their hive, rather than them ‘drifting’ to the first or last hive.
– Levelled using a spirit level, with a slight ‘run’ forward, so any rain that lands on the entrance won’t run back into the hive.
– Crucially in an area with plenty of potential ‘forage’ and sources of nectar so they don’t go hungry.
“Be good to the bees and they’ll be good to you”
Have a super Sunday folks, stay safe and love your life. ❤️🐝🐝🐝