Here it is, the Paul Hollywood recipe for Scottish Heather Honey Sponge, using our very own Scottish Heather Honey.
- 130g/4½oz Hood’s Scottish Heather honey
- 100g/3½oz unsalted butter, softened,
- plus extra for greasing
- 100g/3½oz caster sugar
- 3 free-range eggs
- 110g/4oz self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- custard or cream, to serve
How to make your very own Scottish Honey Steam Pudding using Hood’s Scottish Heather Honey
- Butter a 1 litre/1¾ pint pudding basin. Put two tablespoons of the honey into the prepared basin (if the honey is very thick, warm it gently first to make it more liquid).
- Put the remaining honey and all the other ingredients into a large bowl and beat together using an electric whisk. Start off slowly, then increase the speed and mix for two minutes until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pudding basin, on top of the honey.
- Place a piece of baking parchment on a sheet of foil and make a large pleat in the middle, folding both sheets together (this allows for the pudding’s expansion as it cooks). Put the parchment and foil on top of the pudding, foil side up, and secure with string, looping the end of the string over the top of the pudding and tying it to form a handle that will enable you to lift the pudding in and out of the pan.